All of the best websites on the internet are written and designed with a certain target audience in mind. For pediatric services, the audience is much different than the typical medical patient—it’s the parent or legal guardian of the patient.
Naturally, physicians need to build trust with the child and their guardian before they step foot in their office. And earning the trust and confidence of one family member can lead to potentially more patients (siblings!) in the future.
Today, we’ll share top tips and common best practices for pediatric websites to help:
- Stand out online
- Rank high on search engines (e.g., Google, Yahoo, Bing)
- Articulate what makes your office unique
- Make it easy to schedule an appointment and pay bills
- …and (much) more!
Read on below or contact Webresults Health to get started now.
Website Tip #1: Easy Navigation
A navigation menu is a list of links to different web pages included on your website. The navigation is usually at the top header or sidebar of your site, making it easy for your audience to find the most popular topics and answers to their questions.
Not all pediatric websites are created equally, but one thing holds true: an easy and intuitive navigation menu helps pediatricians attract new customers.
Some of the best pediatric websites include the following navigation menu options:
- Services (Pediatrics, Telemedicine, Urgent Care)
- About Us (Your Providers, Pediatricians, Office Staff)
- Patient Resources (Immunizations, Forms)
- Payment Options (Insurance, Payment Schedules)
- Contact Us (Hours, Days, Location, Making Appointments)
Depending on the complexity of your business, your website may have different layers of navigation and be categorized in a variety of ways. Reach out to Webresults Health for help with your website navigation today.
Website Tip #2: Parent & Guardian Resources
Your pediatricians, nurses, assistants and support staff are busy meeting patients’ needs throughout the day—and they don’t always have the time to properly answer patient questions. This includes just about anything, from sourcing medical and immunization records to properly taking a child’s temperature, the right medicine dosage and more.
That’s why it’s a good idea to have a place on your website to store these resources and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs).
In this “Resources” section, you can include topics like:
- Well visits, sick visits and other health exams
- Urgent care services or partner providers/centers
- Affiliated hospitals
- Telemedicine services
- Vaccine/immunization policies and schedules
- Medical records retrieval
- Child safety, like poison control and car seat safety
- Home care advice, like medicine dosage and taking temperatures
- Mental health, like anxiety and behavioral issues
- Other FAQs, like what to bring on your first visit, copays and more
Schedule a meeting with Webresults Health today to learn how to categorize resources on your website.
Website Tip #3: About the Staff and Practice
One of the best ways to earn trust with your patients and their guardians is to introduce yourself online.
Use your “About Us” section to speak to what makes your office unique:
- Practice History: How long have you been in business? Is there a story about how it all began?
- Pediatricians, Nurses & Providers: Where did you earn your degree and certifications? What’s your experience? Where are you from? What are your interests?
- Office Staff: What’s your experience? What are your hobbies and interests?
- About the Office: Does your office have a theme or child-friendly décor?
It’s always good to include pictures of your staff—as well as the outside and inside of your office building—to help prospective families get a sneak peek of what to expect. Featuring your warm and welcoming office makes a great impression.
Learn more tips from Webresults Health today.
Website Tip #4: Office Location & Hours
Adding your office location to your website helps new patients and their families find your pediatric office. It’s also an easy way to boost your search engine optimization (SEO) results.
To help you rank higher on search engines, try including the following on your “Contact Us” or “Location” pages:
- The exact location of your office (or multiple offices), including the street address, city, state and zip code
- Days and hours of operation
- Embedded Google map
- Directions from major highways and roads, especially if your office location is difficult to find by GPS
Contact Webresults Health for help getting started.
Website Tip #5: Insurance & Payments
Before patients and their family members visit a pediatrician, they usually want to know:
- If you accept their medical insurance
- Your preferred payment methods, like check, card or cash
- What to expect for self-pay
A “Payments” page helps you create a transparent space to these answer questions and outline all of your patient options.
Some pediatricians prefer to accept payments in the office, while others make bill payments available online. Whatever the preference, our team at Webresults Health can help you integrate the best solution for your practice.
Website Tip #6: Easy Scheduling
Do you want new patients to schedule an appointment with a pediatrician over the phone or online? Make the decision up front, and then offer instructions on your website.
For example, you could ask them to:
- Have the patient’s name and date of birth ready
- Determine if they are booking a new patient, wellness or sick visit
- Include sick symptoms (if any)
- Check their calendars to determine which weekdays and hours work best for them and their child
Whatever option you choose, Webresults Health can customize the best scheduling solution for your pediatric website.
Webresults Health Helps Pediatricians Build Great Websites
At Webresults Health, we recognize your job is to focus on the patients and families you serve—and it’s our job to develop custom websites and marketing services to make your life easier.
With over a decade of experience, we can help your pediatric practice and business grow digitally. As a top-rated Tampa marketing agency, we have multiple client success stories in the areas of SEO, paid search, and conversion rate optimization (CRO)
Our experienced team at Webresults Health offers custom website design and development, web hosting, and search engine marketing services to the dental industry and other healthcare facilities and clinics nationwide.
Visit Webresults Health to:
- Learn about web design for the healthcare industry
- Read some of our customer reviews
- See examples in our portfolio
- Contact us for more information
“Building my new website with Websults has been a great experience! They understood my vision and made it a reality. Anytime I need assistance making edits or updates, they are quick to respond. Highly recommend this team!” — Deeshay of Clearwater, FL